Cordeck Building Solutions is a family-owned US corporation headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and consisting of two distinct business units: Cordeck Metal Decking Solutions and Cordeck In Floor Cellular Raceway Systems. We are committed to providing high quality building products and services through world-class customer service, and to conducting all business with the highest degree of ethics and standards.
Cordeck’s In Floor Cellular Raceway Systems provide the important benefit of a low life cycle cost.
Expenses required to install the system or modify the workplace environment are minimized. Cables are installed within the cells of the metal deck, eliminating the added costs of plenum rated cables required by some systems. Economically, Cordeck is the best choice for your wire management needs.
Read on to see how the long-term savings realized when using the Cordeck System mitigate the minor difference in cost per square foot.
Baseline Project Specifications: 30,475 sq. ft. floor plate with 73 activation locations.
Note: The minimal cost difference between the Cordeck In Floor Cellular Raceway solution and poke-thru Option 2 will be recouped upon changing only 2 activations, often occurring even before the building is occupied.
Poke-Thru vs. Cordeck In Floor Cellular Raceway Systems
Option 1: Poke-thrus in composite floor deck, power and data fed with EMT conduit
Option 2: Poke-thrus in composite floor deck, power fed EMT conduit, data in cable trays
- Core-drilling and related coordination required after final space planning
- Poke-thrus create ceiling clutter
- Exposed cables create potential for security breach from adjacent floors
- Moves and changes cause business disruptions and are costly
Cordeck In Floor Advantages
- Presets easily accessed after space planning is complete
- Completely contained within concrete floor slab
- Moves and changes cost is less than half of the unit cost for poke-thrus
- System accessible at finished floor
- Moves and changes can be performed during business hours with no interruption to adjacent tenants
- The Cordeck In Floor System includes over 1,500 activation points for future flexibility at no additional cost
Raised Access Floor vs. Cordeck In Floor Cellular Raceway Systems
Option 3: Has a 6-inch raised access floor on composite deck slab with power fed MC Cable and data in Cable Trays
Option 4: Has 6-inch raised access floor on composite deck slab with Plug-n-Play Power Management, and data in Cable Trays.
- Much greater overall project cost
- Increased floor to ceiling heights
- Added curtain wall
- Added steel structure
- Added elevator travel
- Added stair height
- Additional trade needed to install system
- Accessible data cabling poses security threat
- RAF provides environment that may negatively impact building and employee health
Cordeck In Floor Advantages
- Cordeck raceway is a structural element, reducing need for added building height
- Completely and securely contained within concrete
- Moves and changes do not disrupt business
Poke-Thru Additional Activation Costs
Average cost of initial installation: $3,258
Average cost after occupancy: $6,700
Cordeck Additional Activation Costs
Average cost of initial installation: $3,017
Average cost after occupancy: $1,200
Unlike a poke-thru system where multiple trades are involved in adds and changes, cost savings are realized with the Cordeck Solution because most or all of the work is simply completed by the facility's maintenance team.